Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
Answer these questions based off my resume experience.
Thank you for your interest in the Budget Analyst position with our museum. We are keenly interested in your candidacy. For the above-cited position, please find the below questions which require your written answers. From this step we will be selecting candidates for the next phase of the process, in-person interviews conducted online using MS Teams or Zoom.
Please provide your responses to me via email . Please follow the instructions in the questions. If you need any clarification, please do not hesitate to contact me. My contact information follows the questions.
Part I. Please provide 2-3 samples of your professional writing. These should be items without proprietary information (i.e., non-confidential) and should be brief. Reports, announcements, white papers, presentations, and so forth would be acceptable. Please include these as attachments in your email reply.
Part II. Please answer the following questions in brief form (1-2 paragraphs or ½ page per response maximum)
1. What professional skills and personal qualities would you bring to this role that you feel may set you apart from other candidates for this position?
2. What is the biggest challenge in your life (professional or personal) you have met and overcome? What did you learn about yourself through those efforts
3. Describe the size and complexity of budgets you have managed in your career to date
4. Please describe your experience with a) grant funded projects; b) gift funded projects; and c) contract management.
5. Please describe your experience with advancement activities (otherwise known as development, business development, or fundraising):
6. Do you enjoy working in a team environment? Please share with us how you communicate with team members to get tasks done. Please share specific examples.
7. Please describe an experience where you had to say “no” to a peer/customer or otherwise had to share unpleasant news. What did you do? Did you work to find alternatives? What did you learn from the experience?
8. Please describe how you feel about managing multiple deadlines, and managing peers/customers who can be demanding? Please describe an example where you relied upon your customer service and diplomacy skills to work through a difficult situation. How strong do you feel your customer service and diplomacy skills are?
9. Describe how you respond to your supervisors and peers within your work team? What mixture of praise, coaching, critique and discussion works for you?
10. Describe how you communicate financial information to peers, junior-level staff, and to management? For this question, please feel free to take up to 3-4 paragraphs or one page.